© St. Alban’s Church, West Leigh. Made With Serif WebPlus.
Our parish is within the Diocese of Portsmouth. It is situated North of the town of Havant in Bartons Road, West Leigh which is off the Petersfield Road.
St. Alban's can trace its origins to an ex Royal Navy galley building and this was dedicated as the first church on 7 April 1957 within the parish of St. Faith's. On the 2 November 1962 St. Alban's was declared a Conventional District.
A new church building to Scandinavian design was dedicated on 16 July 1966 but it was not until 1 June 1982 that the new parish of St. Alban, West Leigh was established.
Originally constructed as a timber framed building, cedar clad, it became necessary to completely refurbish the church, Lady chapel and adjoining hall. This took place in two phases between the autumn of 1993 and the summer of 1994. The timber cladding was replaced with a composite resin material and the interior re-insulated and lined. The excellent pipe organ was dismantled and renovated by solid state circuitry during the same period. The result is that the building has retained a spiritual ambience whilst being light, airy and practical with excellent acoustics. The hall continues to offer facilities to the church and the wider community.
Common Worship is used at all liturgical services.
Incense is used on special occasions e.g. Easter and Christmas but not every Sunday.
Karina moved to St Alban’s in July 2012.
Canon Karina Green
St. Alban’s Church, West Leigh
You can download our vision statement here.
We have a hall for hire. Information here.
Our APCM report is here.
Important. Information on Safeguarding is found here.
A link to the Church of England’s site on Prayer Resources can be found here.
Children’s activities for lockdown can be found here.